Background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chicken Parmesan Done Your Way!

Sometimes I feel like I run out of ideas of what to do with my boneless chicken breasts. Being pregnant has made me a bit lazy in the kitchen these days too because it takes a lot of energy out of you and sometimes the smells get to me! I decided to make a mean meal of chicken parmesan on pasta my style one night for my hubby and I. I think marinating chicken is the key to all juicy and flavorful chicken so that's what I did first. I used a garlic herb bottled marinade after the chicken was thawed out. Then when I was ready to go I used Crusted Ranch Shake N' Bake (or you can use any other kind) and threw them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30-35 mins (depending how thick your breasts are). Now the key to chicken parm is to pull out the chicken from the oven about 5 mins before it's done to add  a spoonful of sauce (you can use spaghetti or alfredo sauce) then some grated cheese (use whatever cheese you have) to the top and return it back to the oven to melt. Meanwhile, while the chicken has been cooking, you can make your pasta. Again, whatever you have for pasta works. I used spaghetti noodles and spaghetti sauce with some extra seasonings (chili powder, oregano) and grated parmesan cheese. But when it's all said and done, it will look like a meal straight from an expensive restaurant! Pair it up with a cesaer salad and some garlic bread and enjoy!

No comments: