Background

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Carrots for Dessert?

I finally picked up some mini souffle dishes in order to try out Carrot Souffle. Found a great recipe on allrecipes.com. The best thing about that website is reading the reviews. From what other people were saying it was best to cut down on the sugar that it was calling for and others suggested adding cinnamon as well. So I used 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. The recipe filled all 4 of my dishes and turned out awesome. In fact, I had my parents over for supper and had a pumpkin pie all ready for dessert and we were all satisfied by the souffle that we didn't even want the pie! The Carrot Souffle had such a dessert taste to it that it really could have been served as dessert!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Carrot-Souffle-2/Detail.aspx

No comments: