Background

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

My favorite day of the year has to be Christmas Eve day... even better than Christmas Day! The excitement of seeing family and heading out to a candle light service and then relaxing with lots of finger foods and egg nog really makes the night special! Every Christmas Eve we go to my parent's place for a get together with family and friends and tell funny stories and of course eat. This is Leeland's first Christmas so it is going to be extra special.

For Christmas dinner we are heading to my parent's place. I have offered to make a squash dish to bring to help mom out in all the cooking. My friend Somer made this recipe once and I loved it and I made it at Thanksgiving this year and took it to my inlaw's place and everyone there loved it too.

Squash Delish Dish

-1 medium size buttercup squash
(peel it and cube it up)
-2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup (or any soup you prefer would work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put cubed up squash into a 9"x13" baking dish
- Mix in soup
- Sprinkle a box of Stove Top dressing on top of squash (you can use crushed up croutons if you do not have any Stove Top)
- Bake for 1 hour

Hint: For figure friendly use fat free soup and less sodium Stove Top.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

No comments: