If you're anything like me then you've been snacking on lots of junk food since the week before Christmas and it's still going on! Lots of get togethers and parties always having an abundance of sweets and appetizers. If you're hosting a New Year's Eve party or going to one and want to snack on something a little more "figure friendly" then pita chips are the thing to make. Your guests will love them too! Pair up these easy chips with a dip like hummus, tzatziki, salsa, and spinach dip which are also a bit better for you and some cut up veggies on the side. Serve straight from the oven and you can put the leftovers in a zip lock bag for later.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut pita bread (white or wholewheat) into triangles. You can also rip apart the pita bread and make them thin pita chips
- In a bowl add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and your favorite seasonings
- Spread the triangles on a baking sheet and brush on the olive oil mixture to each one
- Put in the oven between 5-6 mins. but keep an eye on them because they do burn quickly!
An easy snack to have instead of a bag of greasy chips and you're left feeling satisfied! Enjoy...