So now what do you do with all the turkey lurkey hanging around your house? There are all kinds of different ideas for that... soups, sandwiches... but my favorite is turkey pot pie and that is what I plan on making for supper tonight. There are all kinds of variations of pot pie... you could use gravy as the mixture or a cream of 'something' soup. Then you can add any veggies you want to that are kicking around or just add some mixed frozen veggies. So if you like to follow recipes here's what I am doing today:
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
- 1 can of cream of chicken (or any other cream soup will do) you could also add a cup of packaged turkey gravy too (prepare as directed on the package)
- Mix the veggies and soup, add a little milk or sour cream to get it a creamy texture
- Add any of your favourite seasonings (basil, salt, pepper, etc.)
- Add to baking dish then top with a pie shell (if it's a square baking dish you will need to work with the dough a little... don't worry if it breaks a little)
- Bake for approx. 50 mins. but keep an eye that the crust isn't burnt
- Serve with some rolls with butter and a nice salad and you are all set! Simple and easy!
Hint: For figure friendly add fat free soup or low sodium gravy in place of the soup
Enjoy and Happy Boxing Day!