Background

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hamburger Pot Pie

Hamburger Pot Pie
Pot pies are one of those great recipes that you can just throw together when you have all the ingredients. I had a lot of ideas running around in my head as to what to create with my lean ground beef. But the best was a nice pot pie that would be all ready to go right at supper time and I wouldn't have to slave in the kitchen since it can be all made ahead. This recipe is easy and great if you have veggies in your fridge to use up. Here's what I did:

Took out frozen dough to let unthaw.
Browned up the beef then added 2 packets of brown gravy (and 2 cups of water) to the mix. Let simmer.
Defrosted 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies by putting them in some hot water to soften up then added to mix.
Peeled and cubed up 2 potatoes then boiled them, drain water, then add to mix.
Let the mixture simmer.
Add the mixture to a glass pie plate then top with the pie crust (don't forget to poke holes through it to let the steam out).
Turn oven to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 mins (or as directed on the pie crust box).

Nothing is more pleasing then to watch my little guy eat this right up! I don't even think he noticed all the peas he was eating because the flavor was so good!

Mixture simmering


Enjoy! 

No comments: