Background

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Easy Good Eats

Oatmeal w/ Cranberries & Almonds
The best way to start off any day is breakfast. It gives you the energy you need until it's mid morning snack time. Having a toddler makes it easier to stick to a healthy eating plan but it certainly comes down to healthy choices. This morning we enjoyed a hot bowl of oatmeal made with Organic quick oats, with cinnamon, nutmeg, dried cranberries, flax seed, and almonds. 

Whole Wheat Spoon Rolls
Lunch time brought on something new for me to try and that was making bread! I tried out a recipe for spoon rolls from http://mmmhomecooking.blogspot.com. Food blogs are like free cookbooks and it's fun being a part of this foodie network. 

To go along with the rolls I put together a quick homemade chicken noodle soup. Again, I'm not big on wasting food so I was able to use up the last of the rostiered chicken. I added 5 cups of water and brought it to a boil then added frozen peas and corn with the whole wheat egg noodles. Then brought it down to a simmer and added 3 tablespoons of my Epicure chicken broth seasonings along with the chicken.


Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Szechwan Steak Stirfry
For dinner I made a steak stirfry with VH Szechwan sauce. Buying stir fried bagged veggies already done up makes stirfry making a breeze. Another day of good eats with the family!

No comments: