Background

Monday, February 7, 2011

Hubby's Spaghetti & Oatmeal Cookies

I probably don't give my husband enough credit or praise sometimes but I can sure make up for it on here! He worked a 12 hour day and while we were both putting the kids in bed he wanted to know if he could make supper. I had hamburger unthawed so I knew he was going to be making his spaghetti which is always awesome. He used regular pasta sauce and added dried oregano, cracked pepper, red chili flakes, dried thyme, Montreal steak spice, and onion powder as his flavor boosters. It was really good and nice to have a break in the kitchen.


So in return as a thank you, I told him I'd bake him some cookies for his lunches this week! I saw this great recipe for Oatmeal Cookies from the Joy of Baking website which also had an instruction video with it. I used whole wheat flour and added dried cranberries and cut up a dark chocolate bar with almonds in it to add to the mix for a healthy boost. They are delicious cookies just as they said they'd be. They're crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Just perfect.


My hubby and I are all about teamwork not only in the kitchen at times but also with taking care of our boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are an awesome team! Love to hear how you care for each other! Blessings,....I'll have to try these cookies...by the way I love Spaghetti...Grandma Smith made the best too!