Background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Apple Garlic Chicken

Apple Garlic Chicken w/ Pan fried Garlic Potatoes & Carrots
It's not often that I come up with my own recipe worthy of sharing, but this one is definitely for the sharing! I really enjoy inventing recipes with leftovers or with fruit and veggies that are close to going bad. It's sad to have to throw things out and waste money so I try my best to use everything up. What is so great about the supper my hubby and I enjoyed this evening is that it only cost us about $1.12 each which was for the chicken legs. We had our own organic garden potatoes, carrots, parsley, and even the apple to create our meal.


Start off with some chicken (breasts, legs, thighs etc.) and marinate them in about a 1/2 cup of apple juice and a squeeze of lemon juice. Mince up one clove of fresh garlic and add that to the chicken with some salt, pepper, and dried (or fresh) thyme. Marinate them for a couple of hours then transfer to a glass baking dish with the remainder if the marinade. Peel and chop up into small pieces one apple and add it to the top of the chicken with some fresh (or dried) chopped up parsley. Bake the chicken at 350 degrees until the chicken is cooked depending on the cut you use (30-40 mins).


The apple and garlic really balanced each other out and the small apple pieces on top were crisp and sweet. I know the skin on chicken is said to be the more fattening part to eat, but eating this skin will be a treat. It is full of flavor!

Happy 1st day of Autumn... enjoy this recipe and share it with others!

No comments: