Background

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blackberry No-Bake Cheesecake

Blackberry No-Bake Cheesecake
My oldest son Leeland, who is just a little over 2 years old, went for a walk and picked some blackberries growing by the abundance at my parent's place. I got them all washed up when we got home and had no idea how I was going to use them except that I knew it had to be in a dessert somehow. I did some searching and came across a recipe on the Cooking With Philly website for a No-Bake Cheesecake which was great since I had some fat free cream cheese to use up. I only used one block (8 oz.) so I cut the sugar from 1/2 to a 1/4 cup. I had to revamp this recipe to make it work with the blackberries so I purred the blackberries to get some juice out of them and then added them to the cream cheese and sugar mixture. It turned a nice purple color. Then I added the mix into a lined muffin tin and topped them off with some Oreo baking crumbs and put them into the freezer. I can't say I was a huge fan of this dessert but it did work great in using up the blackberries in a creative way. Here is the recipe I followed as a guideline:

http://www.cookingwithphilly.ca/philadelphia2/page?PagecRef=609&rid=580


  • 2 containers (250g each) PHILADELPHIA Light Cream Cheese Spread
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 can (355 mL) pineapple-orange juice
  • 12 MR.CHRISTIE'S Chocolate Wafers
  • 1 can (14 oz) crushed pineapple in juice
  • peach slices in light syrup
  • peach slices and mandarin orange segments
  • mandarin orange segments
  • orange juice

Instructions
Then follow our 3 simple steps:
Beat cream cheese spread and sugar in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add half of a 355-ml can thawed frozen drink concentrate, beating until well blended.
Spoon evenly into 12 paper-lined medium muffin cups. Top each with chocolate wafer.
Freeze 3 hours or overnight until firm. Invert 1 cheesecake onto each dessert plate just before serving. Remove paper liners; discard. Top cheesecakes evenly with 1 drained can (14 fl oz/398 mL) fruit.



No comments: