Background

Friday, September 9, 2011

Hamburger Pot Pie

Hamburger Pot Pie
Harvesting fresh veggies from the garden is the best, especially when it's an organic garden! I boiled up some sliced baby carrots and quartered new red potatoes with the skins on in 2 separate pots. Then I browned up my lean ground beef with some fresh minced garlic and onion powder in the frying pan until it was cooked through and then added 2 packages of brown gravy with 2 cups of water to the beef. You want to simmer the gravy so it thickens up. I added frozen peas and corn to the beef and gravy mixture and the cooked up carrots and potatoes along with some fresh chopped up parsley and some pepper. Transfer the mix to a pie dish and top it off with a store bought pie crust.


 Have your oven on at 350 degrees and bake for about 30-35 minutes until the crust is cooked. This recipe is the ultimate comfort food and one I love to make on chilly Fall days!


No comments: