Background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sloppy Joe Pot Pie

Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
I love re-inventing classic meals. I first came up with the idea after seeing this post from Picky Palate this morning for Chicken Parmesan Skillet Pot Pie and decided to come up with something similar with the ingredients that I had hanging around the kitchen. I had some extra lean ground beef and thought about doing a sloppy joe mix so I made that up first. I added a clove of garlic to the beef with some Italian seasonings and then once it was cooked up I added some pasta sauce (or you could use tomato paste) and then added some Club House Sloppy Joe seasoning from the package for the flavor booster. Once it was all thickened up, I added the mix to my baking dishes (or ramekins) instead of a skillet and topped if off with some grated cheese.


I unthawed a pie crust and my hubby made small circles to fit our apple shaped baking dishes. Make sure to put some slices through the dough to let the hot steam out and add some seasonings and Parmesan cheese on the top! Bake in the oven for 30-35 mins. at 350 degrees. These little pot pies were a hit at my house... try something re-invented at yours!


No comments: