Background

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Challenge Week 4 - Your Children & Food

We're at our last challenge which is 'How to get your children to eat more fruits and veggies.' This may be easier for some parents than for others. I'm a new parent myself but I want to feed my children healthy snacks and meals, but not all kids like their fruits and veggies! This is when I lean on my Sneaky Chef cookbook and have learned about pureeing veggies to sneak them into meals. The recipes in this book can seem complicated but they are a great foundation and inspiration for sneaking in the good stuff. Start with your basic pasta sauce (unless you like to make your own) and add a couple of purees such as squash, peas, spinach, broccoli, carrots etc. to your sauce. The bonus is that all of this is freezer friendly so you can store it in ice cube trays or freeze the entire pasta too.

So the first challenge is to check out The Sneaky Chef website and get inspired to get those veggies into your meals! Sneaking veggies isn't just for children either... it works great for fussy husbands!