Background

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Garlic Alfredo Leftovers


We had a great roast beef meal at my sister's place after church for lunch today so when it came to supper, I saw an opportunity to use up some leftovers. And not only use up leftovers but found a way to get some fiber into this meal too in order to keep up with our challenge of getting more fiber. I had one cooked up sausage to use and some cooked up chicken as well as some leftover roasted garlic. I ended up making Garlic Alfredo by using a package of Alfredo mix (or you could use the bottle type but it is really high in fat) and instead of fettucini noodles I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles. I added the garlic right to the sauce then combined it with the noodles when they were done. I really try my best to use up my leftovers and I think this was a great way and it was a great meal too! Look in your fridge and see what you can come up with. You might surprise yourself too!

No comments: