Granola is a healthy snack and great topping for your frozen or regular yogurt, fruit, and salads. This is the perfect recipe to throw together with what you have in your kitchen. Add any dried fruit, flax seed, dark chocolate, any sort of nuts or seeds and it will be the perfect mixture. The sweetness comes from the honey instead of any extra added sugars. Enjoy!
Pecan Cranberry Granola (makes 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups large-flake oats
- 100 g pkg pecan halves, about 1 cup
- 1 cup pepita seeds (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Whisk honey with oil, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add oats, pecans and pepita seeds. Stir to coat.
- Heat 2 large non-stick frying pans over medium-high (using two pans cuts cooking time in half). When hot, divide oat mixture between pans. Cook, stirring frequently, about 1 min, then reduce heat to medium. Continue stirring, adjusting heat as needed, until golden and toasted, about 6 more min. Stir in cranberries.
- Transfer to a baking sheet to cool completely. Granola will keep well, stored in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to 1 week.